Citizens drive local economies.
Here are some opportunities to impact local businesses:
Think and buy local first.
Find a local business to suit your needs.
Lend your voice and your vote.
Become an advocate for change and help communicate to buy local in Onondaga County. Help lobby for government support.
Spread the word.
Tell your favorite local businesses about SyracuseFirst and ask them to register with us.
Volunteer with SyracuseFirst.
We can always use volunteers. Call for more information (315.396.6418)
Donate to SyracuseFirst.
Your tax-deductible donation can help us reach and educate the community on behalf of local businesses. Donate by filling out the form to the left.
If you are not a qualified business we welcome your participation as a Community Partner. Support the SyracuseFirst mission by volunteering time and donations. Please give us a call at 315.396.6418 for more information.
If you are interested in joining SyracuseFirst, memberships are available for independent businesses in Onondaga County. As a member, you will be listed in our SyracuseFirst print directory and we ask that you raise awareness by:
- Educating customers about the benefits of buying local.
- Linking your business to the local community.
- Maintaining a wholesome business.
- Become a Local-Minded Business Owner
- As a business owner, make sure to show your support for the SyracuseFirst brand.
- Register your Business: Once registered, your business will appear in the website database and print directory.
- Display your SyracuseFirst window cling in a prominent spot.
- Add the SyracuseFirst link and logo to your website.
- Use the SyracuseFirst logo for your advertisements, newsletter, and other promotional products.
- Participate in our events. Watch for information in June-July for "Independents’ Week"; and in November-December for "Shop SyracuseFirst Week."
- Keep your directory listing updated.
- Distribute SyracuseFirst materials at your business.
- Encourage your customers to buying local.
- Support other local businesses.
- Embrace community service and give back in ways that are meaningful for your business.